Thursday 28 June 2012

Alcoholics Blood. OH NO...

Well we got on the bus, had a nice walk through town and we were on time for the doctors.  Next minute a drunk, old man (obviously an alcoholic) fell down a step behind me and cracked his head on the floor, OH NO BLOOD!

I am a trained first aider but my first thought was,
"aaahhh blood I don't want to touch him!" 
Luckily for me two youths behind me jumped to the rescue and as I donated a baby blacket they applied pressure to the wound and rang an ambulance.  I know I would have done the same if no one else had been around but would have freaked afterwards.

Still had to wash hands about 5 times afterwards, but didn't panic, so I don't think it was too bad.
What amused me was the ambulance man asking who's the blanket was, would he think I wanted it back?

Hope the guy was ok.  Now worried my daughter has HIV but sure this feeling will ease with a bit of reflection.  Wonder what will happen next time I go to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment